Planning the Perfect Glow Party!
Both adults and kids alike go crazy for anything that glows in the dark, and a ‘Glow Party’ will go down a storm with guests of all ages. Throw in some funky lighting and flashing barware to really get the party glowing!
1. Pick a date
Diaries fill up quickly, so make sure you choose a date well in advance. Saturday evenings are a popular choice, as they give everyone plenty of time to get their glow on!
2. Send invites
Invites should be sent out four weeks before the party and are the ideal opportunity to introduce the ‘Glow Party’ theme to guests. Print invites and decorate them with an array of funky, neon designs. Now is also the time to tell your guests of any fancy dress requirements!
3. Decorate the Venue
- Add colour with glowing or light up balloons.
- Use a disco ball and lasers to create a dance floor. Make a playlist of music to suit all tastes, along with some cheesy disco classics.
- Fill a dressing up box with glowing props, along with a camera for guests to snap their new look. Flashing swords and Viking hats, wands and wings, and face masks will all be popular and up the comedy effect.
- Create a glow station where guests can get a ‘glow over’ with neon face/body paints and glitter hairsprays.
4. Prepare the food and drink
Serve a cocktail list of boozy favourites for the adults and ‘mocktails’ for younger guests and drivers. Serve in flashing or glowing glasses, with punch made in flashing jugs. Glow straws and flashing ice cubes will impress too!
Finger food will have guests nibbling all night. Create a hot and cold buffet, with smaller nibbles served in glow dishes and a scattering of glow sticks lighting the table!